Ashes, Hawes, DL8 3LJ. | Tel: 01969 667911 | Mobile: 07870 830419 | Email:
Ground Stones has been recently converted from a traditional long barn into luxury self catering cottages.
Accommodating eight people, the cottage is bursting with character -
exposed beams, log burning stove (a basket of logs is provided),
internal exposed stone walls and fantastic views over the Dale.
Ground Stones has an adjoining cottage (Roof Stones) that sleeps six - perfect for larger families,
offering privacy with en suite facilities to the master rooms. They can be booked together to accommodate
14 guests. Each cottage overlooks a private rock garden with the facility of a fully South
facing garden, complete with a barbecue and a charming arbour bench! There is also a shared games
room with pool table, darts and board games.
Situated in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, Ground Stones overlooks Wensleydale fells,
moors, the River Ure and the unspoilt countryside between. Nestled on the outskirts of the
bustling market town of Hawes (0.5 miles) with its county-renowned deli,
the famous Wensleydale Creamery, Rope makers Centre, restaurants, five pubs,
tea-rooms, bistro, clothes shops and lovely gift shops. For adventurous guests
there are two complementary fishing passes for the River Ure -
just a short walk over the adjacent field. And there are local walks a-plenty! (maps provided).
- Accommodating eight people
- Bursting with Dales character
- Recently converted traditional Dales long barn
- Magnificent views across Wensleydale
- Private open garden
- Barbecue and a charming arbour bench
- Easy 5 minute walk to Hawes
- Private off road parking
- Very well equipped kitchen
- Excellent for touring The Dales
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Can accommodate 14 guests with adjoining cottage
- Exposed beams
- Internal exposed stone walls
- South facing garden
- Shared Games room with pool table, darts and board games
- Views over the River Ure and the unspoilt countryside
- Two complementary fishing passes for the River Ure
- Log burning stove - a basket of logs is provided
- Oil fired central heating
- Traditional long barn
- Fantastic walking country
From £400 per week. Please contact us for specific prices.
RECENT VISITOR COMMENTS
"The cottage is wonderful, spacious, warm, ideal for all our family, including our kids and their kids" -
23 January 2015 Symes family
"Here again after 4 years. Just as good!" - 5 August 2014 Tayler family
"A thoroughly enjoyable stay in a beautiful location. The house has been very comfortable.
The area offers fine walks and plenty of places of historic interest.
The local enthusiasm for the tour de france, with great decorations was an added joy." - 18 July 2014 Birch family
"From day one the wildlife was fantastic. We saw the red squirrels from our bedroom window
which was amazing. I have enjoyed every minute being here."
- 27 July 2014
“It is just perfect, idyllically set, spacious and homely.
Games room was a huge success.” -
Barratt of Vale of Balder April 2010
“Lovely, well equipped cottage with spectacular views and walking straight from the door” -
Wilkins of Essex April 2010
“The best self catering accommodation I have stayed in!” - Podmores of Cheshire Jan 2010